Mashies 2016 Judge
I was so honoured and excited at being selected to judge the 2016 Mashies preliminary round! I was doing a fair bit of humble bragging to be honest, well, I guess I still am ;).
I was incredibly inspired by the creative work being done by the industry and hope to see more and more of it coming out of Canadian agencies and brands. It is increasingly harder for brands to get noticed through all the noise.
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Best Use of Mobile
- Best PR Digital Campaign
…and the entries blew me away!! It is genuinely such an exciting time to be in the digital industry as there are so many creative uses for virtual reality (VR) happening all over the globe. Mobile spend continues to rise versus desktop, resulting in new creative uses. The Digital PR entries were just plain cool, seriously.
Massive congrats to Deakin Flight DX3K by Hardhat and Deakin University for the win. The other finalists need to be proud because this was SUCH a tough category to choose a winner:
- Expedia Dream Adventures, 180LA and Expedia
- Merrell TrailScape The World’s First Virtual Hike, HILL HOLIDAY and Merrell
- Nissan Diehard Fan, Critical Mass and Nissan
- Target’s House on Hallow Hill, Target Creative
If you have the time, definitely Google some of the above campaigns to see what is being achieved in this space!
Best Use of Mobile
Huge congratulations to In-A-Snap by BBDO New York and Lowe’s for the win!
The other finalists were amazing and hopefully are excited just to be short-listed as the competition was fierce:
- A Dog’s Story, Colenso BBDO / Proximity New Zealand and MARS, PEDIGREE
- Commercializer,CP+B and letgo
- Hungerithm, Clemenger BBDO Melbourne and Snickers
- Miami HEAT App, SapientNitro and The Miami HEAT
Best PR Digital Campaign
REI #OptOutside won by Edelmen, Mediavest, Starcom Group, Venables Bell & Partners, REI
The other finalists:
- Dove Hair: Love Your Curls Emoji, Edelman and Dove Hair
- #NameOurShip, Blue Stag and NERC
- The Boys, Clemenger BBDO Melbourne and Pacific Brands Underwear Group – Bonds
- Zookeeper Zoe, Red Consultancy and Boots Opticians
These were so well thought out and strategic, I genuinely enjoyed reviewing every single submission from this category.
As a judge I was instructed that the Mashies wanted to recognize those that are changing the game and standing out while still delivering results. Something to keep in mind while you start planning your next big campaign ;).
For enquires about This^ meeting your digital marketing needs, please email email@example.com